The wall work was in full swing yesterday. Most of the rebar columns are in place, they have been formed at the base and poured with cement. The guys formed half the wall at the back for the grey beam and poured it. They will be pulling off the form boards and finishing the rest of the back wall this morning.
The brick press is fixed. The columns use to have holes in them and the flat part on the right is extremely thin and was worn through all around. They will start to make bricks this morning with it.
Mike, James and I sorted the kids clothes into sizes so when we go out to distribute hopefully it will make it easier. I will let you know. We are planning to go out this afternoon.
There were a few miracles that took place yesterday:
The first one started the day before. A pastor came to the compound to ask for tarps for his community. He is like the persistent widow in the bible who just keeps on asking. They have organized with 45 pastors to create a list of 1000 people that need tarps. The SP workers wanted to give him the tarps but their bosses said the tarps were already promised to others. Yesterday, a truck of 1000 tarps showed up at the compound. No one here knew they were coming, so the persistent pastor will get the tarps. Gabby (one of the SP workers) was telling me about this and she said God answers prayer.
The second miracle came in the evening after the church service. Markeddy (Markès nephew and our translator) told me that he was suffering from headaches. They came only at night when he laid down to sleep and they started after the earthquake. I told him that I would pray for him. Last evening we (David, James and I) prayed for him. This morning he said he slept very well last night. He said that when we prayed he felt the Holy Spirit fill his body and he is healed. Our God is a God that heals.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
It sure sounds like alot of wonderful things are happening and God's blessings are continually pouring.I believe you will be going home forever changed and missing Haiti. Thanks for giving of yourselves to better life for others.
ReplyDeleteLove you guys,
Cathy
Hey T-Bet
ReplyDeleteThere is so much happening for you guys, I am so happy for you all. The work that God is doing is amazing and staggering as well. I am so excited for the men in your family and for you of course. God has been busy changing us all. Have a wonderful day.
Sharon
It was great getting to know you all, you have a great love for the lord and for the people of haiti. I made it home by 1am pacific time so was travelling for 24 hrs but made all the connections. I miss being there already but it is good to be home with family. I will be watching your blog to see how you are doing without the great white hope
ReplyDeleteWell it still amazes me how you guys are able to do construction with the bare minimum tools.It will be hard to leave without that wall not totally not complete. Sounds likje Duane is home hopefully he brougth home a camera so see you later Love Kathy
ReplyDeleteWe serve a great God and a God who cares for each of us individually! It is so exciting to hear what is going on in Haiti! PTL! Beni swa l'eternal!! Beth have you made any squash soup yet?!! God Bless you. I am missing Haiti already!
ReplyDeleteLoretta
Hi guys!!! Skype soon...can hardly wait to hear how you are. My computer has been down but I am back to the cyber world. Love to you all.
ReplyDeleteLeanne and Stan
Hi Beth, David, and James,
ReplyDeleteThank you, Beth, for maintaining this blog. It's so good reading about all the great work happening. Take care, and stay well. Miss you.
Kathy F.