Monday, February 7, 2011

Finally Feeling more ourselves

After fighting the strep and stomach thing, I think the battle is won. We feel better just in time to welcome the 25 people from the Moose Jaw Team tomorrow.  Apparently, they are bringing 100 bags of luggage.  We rented a school bus as well as our 15 passenger van to pick them up.  We just got the van back after 4 months in the repair shop.  It had a lot of suspension work on it. 

There is quite a shopping list for tomorrow so Evon, Marc-eddy and myself will have a busy morning in PAP before the team arrives. 

Beth has been busy preparing for a seminar for the Ladies Conference.  She will be speaking on parenting.  The seminar is this Thursday to Saturday so there will be lots of women here on the compound. The men are going to shop and cook for the meal on Friday for the ladies.  This is a first time for the ladies here.  We are expecting over 100 ladies to attend. 

Marc was playing soccer with the boys and twisted his knee.  He had it looked at today by a doctor and will be going to Leogane tomorrow to have it aspirated (we think).  It has been quite painful and swollen.  I guess no more soccer for Marc.  Reminds me of the incident in Mexico with soccer and my knee that took 1 year to heal.  I can sympathize with him.

I learned a good lesson two days ago.  I woke up in the morning and was missing my work boots.  I thought they had been stolen.  I went to the supply shed and found a pair of old shoes, a size too big, to wear.  I was feeling a little bitter while I was walking to the job site.  When I got there, I saw many of the Haitian crew pouring cement wearing no shoes at all or just bags tied on their feet.  Suddenly I felt more thankful for my old shoes I was wearing.  My boots turned up later as one of the cleaning staff had moved them.  God has an interesting way to humble us when we grumble. 

I must get ready to go to bed soon, so I am ready to leave for PAP at 5:00 in the morning.

Love David and Beth

3 comments:

  1. Hi Dave and Beth
    It is good to hear that you are feeling on the other side of the sickness that has been with you.

    We prayed out the team on Sunday it will be exciting to hear what all God does with the team while they are with you.

    Don't forget to get to the beach again soon!
    In Him,
    Maureen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Beth and David
    It was nice to see the pictures. It really helps give us an idea what it is like there for you. I am so glad that you are feelling better. Duane was home sick yesterday and came home sick today. Lauren stayed home sick today. I am trying to keep Mack away from it all as he leaves on thurs for Halifax. He is so excited he could barely shoot today. It is Laurens birthday today and we are having her party on Saturday we are going to Laser tag. Talk to you soon Love Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Beth & David
    Glad to hear you are feeling much better. Well it is cold here. They say warm weather coming for Thursday. We are glad your Moose Jaw friends are there. We got the results of dad's test back. They are good.They where surprised how a man his age could walk the treatmill for twenty minutes only breath heavy the last minute. The Doctor said he a irregular heart beat he has booked a test for him in the future. nothing to be alarmed about. How long are the team there for. Good luck with your ladies course.
    Bye for now .
    Love Mum& Dad

    ReplyDelete