Wednesday, February 23, 2011

A few amazing things God is doing around here

It has been a very cool few days.  One was James came to Haiti so we are blessed to have him - not only because he is a great worker and can help out alot but also because he is our boy and we missed him. 

Another amazing thing happened at church last night.  I was praying for one of the women in the church during worship time and God gave me a vision for her.  I shared the vision with her after church and she told me that immediately after church someone whom she doesn't know called her on her cell and told her the exact same thing I shared with her. It was a message of hope and encouragement for her.  It always amazes me how God works. 

Another, we were on a walk about where we go and visit homes, share and pray with the people and 3 young guys accepted Christ in one family.  All heaven is rejoicing.  We were also able to pray for a colicky baby, a mother with back problems and dizziness and another baby that had cracked his skull in November and you can actually feel where there is a hole.  He needs surgery but perhaps God will chose to heal him without surgery.  We will see. 

I also discovered that there is another efficiency expert here.  He can actually talk the same language I can when it comes to quality improvement and reducing waste. What fun!!!!  He is a retired engineer named Roy.

And now for an update on some of the projects:
The technical school.  Some of the forms are in place and the rebar are getting tied for 1/4 or so of the foundation.  There was a bit more digging required so that is going on as well.

The medical clinic:  We are hoping to pour the rest of the one side of the roof on Friday.  I say we but I will not be out there as it is a crazy heavy job and I am really not in to self torture as you probably already know.  However, there will be about 25 guys (and girls) pouring the roof.  It is done with passing 5 gallon buckets up a ladder. 

The wall at the children's village is coming along.  The team has been working out there with a team of Haitian workers.  Continue to pray that the disputes that have been happening over the property lines will be resolved and there will be peace.

God has blessed us with sending so many people to help out.  We especially thank him for sending Roy (the engineer), Kathleen (the architec) and Joseph (scaffolder and carpenter).  David has enjoyed learning lots from them. 

Well, that's it for tonight.  I am hoping the internet is working good to do some Skyping. 

In Christ,
Beth and David

4 comments:

  1. What a great blog...we are rejoicing in the amazing report! Praise God! May He continue to to bless you and bring people across your path. Love you all!
    Leanne and Stan

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful to hear how God is working through you! I'll pray for more of the same.
    Keith

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello my family
    YOu must be happy to have James close by.We just got home from our holiday on friday and picked up the kids from mom and dad's yesturday. I hadnt seen Mack for a few weeks as he was at Canada games . As you may know he won a gold and a silver as well as broke a canada games record in both events. We are very proud of him. He had another competition on March 12 th in Calgary.Lauren also starts her dance competitions that same weekend.
    Well it sound s like you have had a very productive few weeks. HOw long is James staying down there ?
    I will try you on skype soon
    Love Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Beth, David, and James,

    Good to hear all the wonderful news of your work!

    Wanted to let you know Casper is doing well. He absolutely amazes us with his energy and stamina. We saw quite a few deer in the valley this past weekend and the dear old fellow can really run! The three dogs had a great time following deer scents on the trails. It was something to see! He's a great old fellow - very gentle, old soul. He, Sam, and Kaylee are getting along just fine. James - just so you know for when you return... I'm off to Red Deer tomorrow to celebrate my mom's 80th birthday with her and family for a few days. My husband and daughters are staying home, though, so feel free to call whenever you've settled back in again. No hurry. (And I'm sure you don't even want to think of returning just yet - nor do your parents, I'm sure!. We're going to miss him when you return. He's a lovely old boy and has been a real joy to have with us. I'm going to have to come by and borrow him for walks. Take care to you all.

    Love from Moose Jaw,
    Kathy

    ReplyDelete