Sunday, January 2, 2011

Happy New Year

2011 A year for ...  What is this year for you?  I hope for a year of growing closer to God and being a vessel that God can use. 

We met the New Year with our bellies full and our hearts inspired.  We had a supper with the entire church.  It was great to all eat together.  After supper we went to the church to pray, sing and hear testomonies of what God is doing in the members of the church.  It was a party like no other.  I could not keep up.  David encouraged me to stay awake for the new year, but when midnight came, I was ready for sleep.  The party continued for a few more hours here on the compound and much later in the homes of the people. 

New Years Day was a day of rest.  Most of the town slept.   We did a walk around to see the fence at the orphange property and the goat farm.  All the tents are off the goat farm and there are only a few left on the orphange property.  Slowly the people are going back home.  We stopped and visited a few people along the way.  We seen Lucianne's home that is being built.  Lisa put a picture on the newletter.  It is on their website.

We were blessed to go to Marc and Lisa's for supper.   I am looking forward to working with and getting to know both Marc & Lisa and Chris & Rebecca more.  It is exciting times we live in.

It has been great to see all the friends we made when we were here in the spring.  Everyone is asking "Where's James?"  Our response is "James ap travay" (James is working). 

3 comments:

  1. Morning, David and Beth. I`m glad you made it safe. See you soon, I hope.
    d

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Beth and David . I am so glad that you made it safely. Happy New Year to both of you. What a way to start the new year. I can only imagine what is in store for you this year. We will talk soon good luck on your new adventure and stay safe !

    Love Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Dave and Beth

    Well just stopping in for me daily hit on the blog! Tomorrow school starts here so we will attempt to get into a routine....I was praying for you both today and wondering just what your daily routine has got any kind of a flow to it? Or is it just go with the flow and who knows what the flow will be!!
    Your in our prays all days!
    In Him
    Maureen

    ReplyDelete