Saturday, March 27, 2010

Ecclesiastes 3:2

It took 2 men two days equipped with a machete and an axe to take down this tree. Apparently the town magistrate did not like the tree or the wall encroaching on the road so it had to go.  I heard they plan to improve the road past the compound. The tree will get turned into charcole. This part of Haiti is part of the approx 20% of the country that still has trees.   
While life comes to an end for the tree there is new life sprouting in the garden. These plants were put in last week. It may be symbolic of the whole country as it starts to rebuild and the signs of a new beginning are starting to show.

 The wall is an example of  the rebuilding effort. The crew got into a rhythm today and built another 150 feet to 5 coarses. I could see the satisfaction on there faces especially at the end of the day.  There were even smiles on faces which had not smiled much before. All in all another amazing day under the Haitian sky.

Submitted by David

7 comments:

  1. David, Good job at your first blogging experience, I think you should blog more often...
    Beth

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi David The Wall is really taking off so do you build all the bricks from scratch ? cant believe each day how far it is coming. good job I hope you realize what an incredible difference you are making there .From what I understand I am not so sure this task would have beenas successful with out you. God is truly using using your talent. How are you feelling have youe ended up with this nasty virus yet? well stay healthy and safe Love Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello, it's really good to hear about the wall. 150 feet is absolutely amazing in one day. When I read that, I could hardly believe it. It's too bad about that tree, but I guess it was neccessary. By the way, how is James feeling? I read somewhere that he wasn't feeling to well, so I thought I'd better ask. I hate to hear about injuries so it really shocked me when i heard about the sea urchin. I can't imagine how much pain you would have been in. I hope that your getting better and that it wont get to serious. It's a good thing that Aunty Beth was there to help you. I'd like to learn more on the situation down there, so any other info would be awesome. I absolutely love to hear about the successes of the day and I hope to come help one day as well. Anyway I have to go to bed so I guess it's time to say goodbye.
    From Mack.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey T-Bet
    Is this the tree that was on our campus?
    The work on the wall is amazing and looking awesome!
    Glad to hear that everyone is fine from the shock!!!
    Eric

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad you guys are safe. How are you after the virus? Hope you can answer our questions.
    The progress on the wall looks very impressive. How many more feet are left to go?
    I tried to send a message about Casper but I hit the wrong button and everything flew into space somewhere. Hope this one goes better.
    Love Mom

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yup, I have the virus but hopefully it will be gone soon.James and Beth are starting to feel better.I think I will call this the Haitian weight loss plan.

    The tree was on our campus it had been there a long time.

    I am not sure how many feet of wall is left but I will get back to you on that.

    Thanks for staying in touch it means alot.

    David

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey guys
    great to hear that you are all well, after the shocks. Glad to hear your feeling better as well. The wall looks amazing looks like it might all be done before you come home, that is amazing. Great job everyone.
    Sharon

    ReplyDelete